YSGOL TYCROES School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2017-18 YSGOL TYCROES was provided with a PDG allocation of £32,200.
At YSGOL TYCROES we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Carmarthenshire Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We have used the funding available to:
- provide the Positive Play programme which offers social and emotional support for pupils.
- provide teacher-led support for pupils focusing on the following areas
Social and emotional behaviour, and Chatt / communication skills.
Key Stage 2
Wellbeing and emotional behaviour, and specific spelling skills.
This programme of support will be tracked on our Incerts Assessment tool.